Tuesday, February 21, 2006

excerpts from Playing by Heart


Hannah - Gena Rowlands

Paul - Sean Connery


Paul: Do you remember what you told the kids about falling in love?

Hannah: No.

Paul: Well, I do. You said that the wonderful thing about falling in love... is that you learn everything about that person, and so quickly. And if it's true love... then you start to see yourself through their eyes... and it brings out the best in you... and it's almost as if you're falling in love with yourself.

Hannah: I said that?

Paul: Mm-hmm. Well, years ago, I needed to feel that again. Feel that I was worth loving. Because somehow I knew... that would be my last time to have that particular feeling.

Hannah: You couldn't have it with me?

Paul: Oh, I did have it with you... but I'd forgotten it. I hadn't forgotten why I loved you... but I'd forgotten why you loved me. And Wendy made me remember... that I was a pretty terrific fellow. But I knew that I couldn't sleep with her.

Hannah: Why?

Paul: Because I would have left you... and the kids.

Hannah: Remember the day Wendy left the company... and went to Seattle?

Paul: Yes.

Hannah: I thought for a while you might go with her.

Paul: Me too, but I didn't. When I came home that day... I realized that I was more in love with you... than ever before.

Hannah: How did that thunderbolt strike you?

Paul: Because I'd made a choice. I took one look at you... and I knew I'd made the right choice. I know that sounds daft... but my love for somebody else... made me love you more... because I sought... to reclaim myself. And, Hannah... you're still the right choice.

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 1:08 AM, Blogger Zhinesade said...

tagal ko na hindi nakadaan...i like this. stig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home