A, B, heyng?
I was asked to translate a Filipino article to English last week. I was a bit uncomfortable with it because I’m not very good with proper Filipino. I accepted it anyway since it was Filipino to English and not English to Filipino because if it was then I would still be lost in the English-Tagalog dictionary now.Anyway, I still used the Tagalog-English dictionary for some deep Filipino words. I came across a word that began with “K”, I forgot what the word was and I didn’t know what its exact English translation was. So I grabbed the dictionary and started browsing.
“J, K, L…”
I was wondering to myself why there wasn’t a single word that starts with “K”.
I had to check three, four times before I realized…
“A, B, K, D!”
ugh.
this is the product of sesame street, flying house and doogie howser, MD during formative years.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home