Wednesday, November 10, 2004

memories chasin' me

“Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”
-"The Catcher in the Rye" J.D. Salinger

This is exactly why I’m not telling anybody anything. If I start doing so, I would remember things… things that I have been trying to escape. These memories would bring a stream of emotions until I am not able to contain them anymore and tears would start falling. Then I would start missing everybody and everything. After a long and tiring journey to the past, in the end, the only emotion left with me is the immense feeling of emptiness and discontentment.

I should shut up now.


2 Comments:

At November 11, 2004 11:40 PM, Blogger Zhinesade said...

gail...konting advice lang..pede mo rin naman i-ignore...sometimes, talking about it does help. kasi after talking about it, it becomes history. you become detached. and then you start to forget. and once you're not so emotional about it, it's easier to let go and move on.

i know it's easier said than done. but i've been there. if you're courageous enough to try and get past it (whatever your past trauma is),then i'm sure you'll get over it (instead of just masking it over)...

good luck on your journey.

 
At November 12, 2004 2:04 PM, Blogger gail said...

thanks for the advice, sade. maybe in time, i'll have enough courage. siguro unti-unti din. thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home