Wednesday, October 06, 2004

my big fish moment

there was this one scene in the movie “big fish” when ewan mcgregor saw and instantly fell in love with a girl who was standing in the middle of a circus. For a moment, everything stopped. With his heart pounding and soft music playing, he began walking towards her. And when she was just within his reach, everything started moving in fast-forward. That’s how he defined love - everything stopping for a moment, giving you time to be enchanted and then moving fast-forward and not giving you enough time to reach the love of your life, leaving you wanting so much more.

My experience is not really similar to this scene but it was quite similar with the stopping, fast-forward and then stepping back to reality.

We were covering a launch of a gallery for the school museum. I was taking pictures and she was taking notes (her article got published at the manila bulletin. i'm a proud mommmmy!). I was in front and she was sitting in the back. The emcee then called for the school choir for an intermission. He said that they will be singing eres tu. My heart skipped! It was her song. i even translated it to english for her because it's in spanish. I searched for her in the audience and there she was smiling at me. My eyes were instantly filled with tears. It was difficult to take pictures with everything blurry. I began walking towards her. I needed to photograph her. It was a Kodak moment! hahahaha seriously, I wanted to freeze everything except for her and the song. I wanted to run towards her. I wanted to hug and kiss her passionately. And then I remembered where I was. And everything went fast forward.

I felt a little disappointed because we were trapped in an aquarium where I can’t do everything I want to. But at the same time it’s ok. I am with her. I am already filled with intense emotions by merely looking at her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home